Benefits Of Soy Wax
Soy Wax and It's Benefits
Before I got into candle making, I had little to no idea about the different waxes you can use. All I was looking for, was how I could make a strong, long lasting candle without the toxins.
So we researched, tested, and played around with different waxes until we found the one that works best for us. From the result we got, Soy worked best for us.
Why Soy Wax?
- Soy wax is environmentally friendly and comes from renewable sources unlike the paraffin candles that you get from big brands.
- Not only is soy wax a greener option, it lasts longer than paraffin because it burns slower. Which means, you get longer lasting candles, an average of 40-50% longer lasting than paraffin candles. This makes soy candles and melts a better value for money.
- Our supplier source their wax from North America and Brazil, from purely ethical and non-genetically modified sources. A full supply chain audit has been carried out and only ethical suppliers have been chosen that do not contribute to de-forestation.
- Soy washes away with warm soapy water making it easy to re-use your vessel once the candle has burned down.
- Soy wax has a low melting point, so a healthy ‘wax pool’ is formed around the wick. This allows the fragrance oils to vaporise easily and release more fragrance into the home.